We strive to make our packaging as Earth friendly as possible, by using biodegradable, recycled and recyclable materials. We are also conscious of partnering with stockists that have a similar packaging policy. We aren't 100% perfect, but it will ALWAYS be a top priority to tread as lightly as possible, and not leave a destructive wake in our path.
Details of different materials we use are listed below:
- Paper: 100% post-consumer recycled paper, printed using vegetable inks.
- Tissue and Wrapping Paper: 100% recycled.
- Hemp Jute Ribbon: biodegradable and hemp is possibly the most sustainable material, using very little resources to grow.
- Stickers: Our current stock is printed on labels that are made from well managed forest pulp. We just learnt that 100% compostable labels exist (so exciting!), so we will be jumping on board with our next order!
- Filler: Biodegradable wood wool, made from scrap timber. We also sometimes use corn beans, which are 100% biodegradable and dissolve in water. They are also manufactured without water, saving precious resources. They are compostable and safe for gardens and compost bins.
- Tape: 100% recycled.
- Satchels: For smaller, less fragile items we use black, 100% compostable satchel bags.
We also send the majority of our parcels via Sendle, who offer 100% carbon neutral postage.
If we've forgotten anything, please let us know. We are committed to being 100% transparent, and are always open to suggestions that will further benefit our planet.
If you have any further questions, suggestions or feedback on our eco packaging policy, please send us a message, and we will get back to you as soon as we can.